Thursday, November 15, 2012

Old Man Winter (what a jerk)

Well, winter is not "officially" here yet, but oh man is it here. Grey days are plentiful and I'm pretty sure Northern Maine has a monsoon season. It has been raining on and off for the past few days, and there is mud and muck everywhere; yeah, monsoon season. But there is a bright side! When it isn't raining, it's cold and windy. Well I suppose that isn't really a bright side, but it's a less-of-a-dark side. 

Most of the trees have lost all of their leaves; leaves that several weeks ago were beautiful. They were in varying shades of yellows, oranges, reds, and even purples. I felt like I was living in a painting. I have to say that Maine trees do put on a good show in the autumn. But as the leaves continued to fall, the skies continued to get darker. The brilliantly colored landscapes have now turned into something from a Tim Burton movie: grey, dark, and kinda scary-looking. (Although if I was in a Tim Burton flick, I'd probably be wearing a really cool outfit)

Another interesting but perhaps inconvenient turn of events is the sunset. Now I know this doesn't sound promising, but just wait. Ever since daylight savings time, the sunset has been different around here. Different in that it starts at about.... right now. And by the way, right now it's 4:13 pm. Four: Thirteen! By the time 4:30 rolls around, it's pitch black outside. 5 pm feels like bedtime and it's messing with my head, man! Freaking Ben Franklin.

Anyway, once winter "officially" rolls around, I'll let you all know. Although I'll probably be awfully busy strapping tennis rackets to my shoes and digging my car out of a mountain of snow. Until next time, readers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment